WBB is a leading solutions provider for Federal U.S. Government agencies who have difficult mission critical challenges. We are passionate, elite consultants with deep industry knowledge and we deliver value-added products on time that help our clients cut costs, manage resources and optimize performance. Our proven track record, our customized, innovative products and our promise to deliver highly qualified consultants from beginning-to-end guarantees the desired outcomes our clients seek.
Job Description: Senior General Ledger and Project/Cost Accountant
The Senior General Ledger and Project/Cost Accountant is primarily responsible for the overall quality and timeliness of all GL and project/cost accounting. The candidate is additionally responsible for the preparation of monthly revenue entries, job cost accounting, indirect rate management and reconciliations.
The Senior General Ledger and Project/Cost Accountant is responsible for oversight of all project setup activities and participation in project setup meetings; oversight of the financial aspects of contract closeout, coordination with the Contracts Department on project activities and mods; coordination with PMO on contract deliverable tracking management; and troubleshooting system issues. The GL and Project/Cost Accountant will provide support for financial and compliance audits and will report to the Controller.
- Prepare month end close journal entries
- Prepare and Manage all Balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Oversight and management of project/cost accounting
- Interface with Project Managers and Subcontract Department in the preparation of monthly subcontractor costs accrual
- Monitor monthly subcontractor costs accruals with actual invoices to comply with billing deadlines.
- Attend project status meetings, set up revenue formulas and total project ceilings
- Track project burn plan and update profit goal on FFP type projects
- Prepare capitalized cost and deferred revenue entries
- Assist in monthly revenue recognition/review as well as gross profit analysis
- Monthly unbilled receivables analysis for Cost Plus, FFP and T&M type contracts and resolution of unbilled balances as needed.
- Prepare project and other ad-hoc financial analysis
- Troubleshoot Projects module
- Indirect Rate Management and troubleshooting efforts
- Monthly indirect rate variance analysis
- Prepare Incurred Cost Submissions and assist with any other DCAA compliance requests
- Process project closeouts
- Interface with Contracts and PMO Department on contract awards, closeouts, contract events and project specific issues.
- Cognos Report Writer – Create reports to streamline and improve month end close process, audit and tax requests.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S degree in Accounting or Finance, with 5+ years of Government Contracting experience
- 3+ years of Deltek Costpoint experience
- 1+ year Unanet experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP, FAR, CAS.
- Responsible, professional experience that can attest to a comprehensive knowledge of broad-based financial accounting functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge/experience of systems applications relating to financial accounting.
- Excellent communications, writing and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Ability to establish and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Excellent presentation, team building and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment.
- Proven management and delegation ability.
- Global perspective or business environment and technology.
Job Title: Senior General Ledger and Project/Cost Accountant
Key Words: Costpoint - General Ledger Accounting - Project/Cost Accounting –– Month end close & Accruals – Balance sheet reconciliations – Indirect Rates/Costpools
Primary Location: United States- Reston, VA
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/t79hs9q