WBB is a leading solutions provider for Federal U.S. Government agencies who have difficult mission critical challenges. We are passionate, elite consultants with deep industry knowledge and we deliver value-added products on time that help our clients cut costs, manage resources and optimize performance. Our proven track record, our customized, innovative products and our promise to deliver highly qualified consultants from beginning-to-end guarantees the desired outcomes our clients seek.
In order to support the Chief of Naval Operations in his responsibility to resource the warfighter and provide forces to combatant commanders, the Surface Warfare Directorate, N96 acts in support of the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Integration of Capabilities and Resources, N9. N96 has evolved through multiple reorganizations of the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, comprising at various times the titles of OP-03, N76, N86 and N96. N96 is the resource sponsor for Surface Warfare. N96 implements N9 responsibilities for determining force levels, shipboard and related support requirements and major characteristics of programs involving cruisers, destroyers, frigates, command ships, patrol craft, and littoral combat ships. Further, N96 executes such planning, preparation, and execution as are incident to that mission.
To fulfill N9’s responsibilities with respect to readiness, safety, survivability, training and preparation for war of the above-surface forces:
- N96 serves as N9’s principal advisor on surface combatant warfare matters
- Serves as N9’s principal advisor on anti-terrorism/force protection/CBRND
- Exercises N9’s centralized formulation, coordination, supervision and execution of Navy shipbuilding and conversion programs for the above surface combatant ships
- Serves as N9’s support in those matters involving relationships with other governmental agencies and develops assessments for the appropriate Joint Capability Areas under the Sea Strike, Sea Shield and Sea Basing pillars.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic analysis and well-integrated/coordinated support for OPNAV N96E and the Director of Surface Warfare.
- Provide support in the development, and manage the government approved, communications strategy consistent with current priority themes and concepts.
- Prepare presentations and talking points for N96 Flags
- Provide support at industry functions and meetings
- Prepare high-end graphical strategy documents, presentations, pamphlets, displays, posters and signage.
- Evaluate guidance issued from Congress, OSD, and other policy making agencies and report interpretations to leadership.
- Prepare drafts of responses/actions for Government personnel to use in developing responses to
- Congressional-related tasks, briefings, and correspondence, articles, meeting summaries, and other congressional specific documentation.
- Evaluate and prepare program briefs, point papers, commentaries, articles, reports, correspondence, speeches, presentations, white papers and other public affairs related documentation in accordance with the current communications strategy for government review.
- Maintain and archive documents and electronic files.
- Liaise and coordinate strategic communications and public affairs products with N96 staff, CHINFO, SECNAV, OSD, and other civilian public affairs staffs and organizations as directed by N96.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience. Experience includes:
- Strategic Communications and/or Public Affairs
- Regular interactions with senior leadership internal and external to affiliated organization.
- Applying mission associated concepts, policies, requirements processes, and program guidance.
- Performing operational functions, including assessing implementation of defined requirements associated to the mission and subsequently developing plans to better meet those requirements.
- Assessing historical and current program performance in relation to mission objectives, and analyzing the effects of developmental plan and/or new technologies on all factors associated to the mission.
- Daily interaction with senior leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to produce briefing slides, metric charts, program schedules, and organizational charts, as necessary.
- MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must possess an active Secret clearance.
- Experience working in OPNAV or another Navy headquarters staff
- Experience working in a military staff
- Operational experience in the Navy or other service
Job Title: Requirements/Action Officer – LCS Strategic Communications Support
Key Words: OPNAV, Strategic Communications, Public Affairs, Navy, Pentagon, LCS
Primary Location: United States – Washington, D.C. National Capital Region
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/m5bh78y