WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
The Chief of Naval Operations Directorate for Information Dominance (OPNAV N2N6), in the role of the Department of the Navy Deputy Chief Information Officer-Navy , is responsible for exercising Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) responsibility for matters related to information, command and control (C2), networks, cyber, intelligence, space, electronic warfare (EW), and maritime domain awareness (MDA); the Information Dominance Corps (IDC); and oceanography and knowledge of the environment. Project personnel shall provide support services to assist OPNAV N2N6 to carry out its duties and responsibilities in the area of Information Technology Efficiencies management.
Services are in the following areas: Executive Level Support, Special Studies, Strategic Planning and Analyses, High-level Briefings, Analytical Support, Operational and Technical Assessment Support, Programmatic Analysis Support, Data Collection, Process Research, Requirements/Capability Development & Analysis, Database Management, Planning, Policy Development, Oversight, Governance, and Assessment.
Task interaction will cross Department of the Navy organizations and echelons. Interactions with other DoD Services, Federal Departments and Agencies may be required.
Project personnel shall provide support, particularly program management and technical support in the Navy Pentagon.
Job Description Responsibilities:
Project personnel use previous experience in Enterprise Architectures, Information Technology Governance/Compliance, and Network Consolidation in the accomplishment of the following tasks:
1. Support N2N6 with development of Enterprise network concepts and methodologies and with supplying analysis that highlights potential vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies. Provide detailed, robust analysis and planning, and recommend courses of action for the integration of the overall IT efficiencies effort across the Navy enterprise. Possible analysis and technical support areas include: Data Center Consolidation (DCC), Enterprise Software Licensing (ESL), Networks and Electromagnetic Spectrum, Enterprise Portals, IT Asset Management (ITAM), Navy Domain Name Service (DNS) consolidation, portal administration, and Internet Protocol version six.
2. Provide support for planning and conduct analyses, special studies, and executive-level briefings, developed towards an approach for identifying and evaluating strategic and operational concepts. Provide support to OPNAV decision-makers that depict all interdependencies among Enterprise IT programs, and align information sharing, capabilities using operational architectures, and stated requirements from appropriate stakeholders.
3. Provide support for the capabilities-based assessments analyzing Enterprise IT focus areas. Present recommendations regarding present and future Navy efficiencies concepts, as well as support with further concept development. Review existing efficiencies requirements for completeness, accuracy, and applicability. Identify potential shortfalls, conflicts, gaps and overlaps among existing requirements to provide recommendations based on the review.
4. Provide recommendations focused on analyzing and prioritizing Enterprise IT-efficiencies related requirement development issues for OPNAV. Provide support to include Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) that shall provide an analytical comparison of the operational effectiveness Enterprise IT alternatives.
5. Provide analytical support, operational and technical assessment support, programmatic analysis support, data collection, process research, conference planning, as well as meeting and administrative support relating to strategic concept development.
6. Provide recommendations for IT asset visibility (cost, configuration, and capability), personnel, hardware, software, and governance. This analysis also includes an assessment of the Navy’s IT infrastructure, requirements, and policies.
7. Recommend strategy and policy changes, as well as amended processes, techniques, and procedures to the N2N6 action officer for review and approval. These recommendations shall address commercial best practices to achieve economical, functional and technical convergence of enterprise networks, communication infrastructure, and information systems.
8. Conduct analysis in terms of funding, schedule, performance, return-on-investment, status and outstanding issues on Enterprise Initiatives. Track programming and budget issues impacting Enterprise Initiatives during the PPBE process, and provide leadership with recommendations to facilitate decision making. Prepare budget submission documents and issue papers for Enterprise Initiatives issues, as well as review BSO requirements and budget exhibits.
9. Assist with the development of enterprise-wide policies and messages for initiation, execution, and resourcing of enterprise efficiencies initiatives in compliance with Office of Management and Budget Policy Letter 92-1.
10. Survey commercial industry, federal research laboratories, and academia to identify emerging Enterprise IM/IT efficiency initiatives of potential application within the Navy and provide briefings / white papers to inform N2N6.
11. Assist with administration of meetings regarding IT efficiencies initiatives and provide meeting minutes with recommendations based on discussions where applicable. Attend meetings in support of the N2N6 principal point of contact.
12. Produce various reports, briefs, charts, naval correspondence utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
13. Prepare letters and memoranda for forwarding to higher authorities and outside organizations per applicable government directives, instructions, and writing guides. Maintain records or files of correspondence.
14. Responsible for ensuring that technical and/or financial solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner by executing project plans and monitoring performance. Provides updates on project progress to management. Resolves project staffing and planning issues. Works with agency/department resources on implementation issues. Manages staff assigned to project. Conducts preliminary quality assurance over project deliverables and activities. Delivers presentations and leads client meetings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum Experience: 7 years of progressive experience (at least three years of which were in a managerial capacity) in capability definition and operation of IT, space systems, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems and/or unmanned systems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Capital Planning and Investment Control; development of Enterprise Architectures, Standards, Governance, Policy; Information Assurance/Security; the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process; and Naval concepts is highly desired.
Previous OPNAV experience or large staff experience
Job Title: Navy IT Efficiency System Analyst
Minimum Security Clearance level: Secret
Key Words: OPNAV, N2/N6, information dominance, IT Governance, IT Compliance, Enterprise Architecture, Network Consolidation, Open Architecture, FORCEnet, Information Management, Information Technology, Navy Data Strategy, Information Assurance, Security Accreditation, CIO, Next Generation, NGEN, IT Asset Management, ITAM, IT infrastructure
Work Location: Arlington, VA
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.