WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
The Chief of Naval Operations Directorate for Information Dominance (OPNAV N2N6), in the role of the Department of the Navy Deputy Chief Information Officer-Navy, is responsible for exercising Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) responsibility for matters related to information, command and control (C2), networks, cyber, intelligence, space, electronic warfare (EW), and maritime domain awareness (MDA); the Information Dominance Corps (IDC); and oceanography and knowledge of the environment. Project personnel shall provide support services to assist OPNAV N2N6 to carry out its duties and responsibilities in the area of Information Technology Efficiencies management.
Services are in the following areas: Executive Level Support, Special Studies, Strategic Planning and Analyses, High-level Briefings, Analytical Support, Operational and Technical Assessment Support, Programmatic Analysis Support, Data Collection, Process Research, Requirements/Capability Development & Analysis, Database Management, Planning, Policy Development, Oversight, Governance, and Assessment.
Task interaction will cross Department of the Navy organizations and echelons. Interactions with other DoD Services, Federal Departments and Agencies may be required.
Project personnel shall provide support, particularly program management and technical support in the Navy Pentagon.
Job Description Responsibilities:
Project personnel use previous experience in Enterprise Architectures, Information Technology Governance/Compliance, and Network Consolidation in the accomplishment of the following tasks:
1. Support the reduction of legacy and excepted networks through analysis and recommendations for the consolidation of servers and data centers.
2. Assist with evaluation of existing facilities and identify capability of the hosting facilities to host applications and areas of required improvements or efficiencies.
3. Identify target applications for movement.
4. Track DON Application and Database Management System (DADMS) and DoD IT Portfolio Registry – Department of the Navy (DITPR-DON) as impacted by this project and report to the N2N6 action officer.
5. Assemble and consolidate information and metrics regarding Navy Data Centers in support of the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative.
6. Maintain an inventory of the Navy data centers and provide updates to N2N6.
7. Assist the Data Center and Application Optimization (DCAO) team with execution of the DCC plan.
8. Support N2N6 development of a strategy to move Navy towards an ESL consolidation approach. Support coordination with USMC MCEITS and PEO EIS to analyze existing software licensing approaches, and recommend alternatives for cost savings and Navy efficiencies regarding software licensing.
9. Analyze existing software licenses’ inventory and methods to consolidate, and the fiscal implications of the options generated.
10. Support through project management and technical expertise the execution of various integration/consolidation efforts towards a Navy Enterprise Software Licensing (ESL) solution.
11. Document license consolidation efforts.
12. Support N2N6 development of an Enterprise Software Licensing Strategy.
13. Support N2N6 development of funding requirements for N2N6 POM submissions.
14. Responsible for ensuring that technical and/or financial solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner by executing project plans and monitoring performance. Provides updates on project progress to management. Resolves project staffing and planning issues. Works with agency/department resources on implementation issues. Manages staff assigned to project. Conducts preliminary quality assurance over project deliverables and activities. Delivers presentations and leads client meetings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum Experience: 7 years of progressive experience (at least three years of which were in a managerial capacity) in capability definition and operation of IT, space systems, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems and/or unmanned systems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Capital Planning and Investment Control; development of Enterprise Architectures, Standards, Governance, Policy; Information Assurance/Security; the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process; and Naval concepts is highly desired.
Previous OPNAV experience or large staff experience
Job Title: Navy IT Efficiency and Consolidation System Analyst
Minimum Security Clearance level: Secret
Key Words: OPNAV, N2/N6, information dominance, IT Governance, IT Compliance, Enterprise Architecture, Network Consolidation, Open Architecture, FORCEnet, Information Management, Information Technology, Navy Data Strategy, Information Assurance, Security Accreditation, CIO, Next Generation, NGEN, IT Asset Management, ITAM, IT infrastructure, Enterprise Software
Work Location: Arlington, VA
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/shdj6md