Founded by Veterans in Hampton Roads
15.00 Per Hour
High School or equivalent
IT HelpDesk Internship position
This position is a yearlong internship for someone looking to start a career in the IT industry. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn a vast array of technical skills that will serve as a solid foundation for any IT related career.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
- Track issues to resolution updating an internal knowledgebase and/or communicating findings with relevant business units.
- Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
- Configure mobile devices.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Punctual, Professional, Polite.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 7
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007,2010(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Introductory knowledge of basic computer networking concepts.
- Must have a strong work ethic, organization skills, desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Use of computer terminal requiring frequent mental and visual attention; and able to lift\carry ~50lbs.
- Must be enrolled in a college degree program, or college level training program.
$15 per hour, 30 Hours max per week, flexible scheduling.