WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
The Chief of Naval Operations Directorate for Information Dominance (OPNAV N2N6), in the role of the Department of the Navy Deputy Chief Information Officer-Navy , is responsible for exercising Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) responsibility for matters related to information, command and control (C2), networks, cyber, intelligence, space, electronic warfare (EW), and maritime domain awareness (MDA); the Information Dominance Corps (IDC); and oceanography and knowledge of the environment. Project personnel shall provide support services to assist OPNAV N2N6 to carry out its duties and responsibilities in the area of Information Technology Efficiencies management.
Services are in the following areas: Executive Level Support, Special Studies, Strategic Planning and Analyses, High-level Briefings, Analytical Support, Operational and Technical Assessment Support, Programmatic Analysis Support, Data Collection, Process Research, Requirements/Capability Development & Analysis, Database Management, Planning, Policy Development, Oversight, Governance, and Assessment.
Task interaction will cross Department of the Navy organizations and echelons. Interactions with other DoD Services, Federal Departments and Agencies may be required.
Project personnel shall provide support, particularly program management and technical support in the Navy Pentagon.
Job Description Responsibilities:
Project personnel use previous experience in Enterprise Architectures, Information Technology Governance/Compliance, and Network Consolidation in the accomplishment of the following tasks:
1. Provide project management support for the Enterprise Architecture compliance assessments by assisting in setting direction, coordinating key stakeholders, facilitating action, tracking milestones, development of performance metrics, crafting recommendations, and reporting status.
2. Assist N2N6 in developing process and procedures to review, assess and enhance enterprise architecture reviews and assessment. Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise architecture, open architecture, IT standards, IT policy, industry best practices, and Navy and DoD requirement validation processes of the Navy Resources and Requirements Review Board (R3B) and Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC).
3. Support N2N6 action officers in defining, assessing, and advocating future business transformation and implementing policies that move the Navy toward maximum implementation of Open Architecture - Information Sharing Environments by assessing industry and academia best practices and solutions, and based upon available Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Navy (DON), and Federal architecture information/trends.
4. Assist N2N6 coordination with Assistant Secretary of the Navy-Research, Development and Acquisition (ASN RD&A), SPAWAR, Navy Cyber Command, Navy Cyber Forces, OPNAV N8, DON-CIO, and other architecture stakeholders to recommend and implement changes designed to transform the cost of Information Management/ Information Technology (IM/IT) for Navy.
5. Support IT Governance, and the roles of the CIO in ensuring governance, as it relates to coordinating issues and activities between Echelon I, resource sponsors, and Echelon II (EII) Command Information Officer by assisting N2N6 in developing draft white papers, information and decision briefs.
6. Assist in the execution of the FORCEnet Compliance Checklist by reviewing and providing subject matter expertise on various architecture, data, services, IT policy, IT standards, and Net Ready Key Performance Parameter portions of the checklist.
7. Produce various reports, briefs, charts, naval correspondence utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
8. Prepare letters and memoranda for forwarding to higher authorities and outside organizations per applicable government directives, instructions, and writing guides. Maintain records or files of correspondence.
9. Responsible for ensuring that technical and/or financial solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner by executing project plans and monitoring performance. Provides updates on project progress to management. Resolves project staffing and planning issues. Works with agency/department resources on implementation issues. Manages staff assigned to project. Conducts preliminary quality assurance over project deliverables and activities. Delivers presentations and leads client meetings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum Experience: 7 years of progressive experience (at least three years of which were in a managerial capacity) in capability definition and operation of IT, space systems, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems and/or unmanned systems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Capital Planning and Investment Control; development of Enterprise Architectures, Standards, Governance, Policy; Information Assurance/Security; the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process; and Naval concepts is highly desired.
Previous OPNAV experience or large staff experience
Job Title: Enterprise Architecture Systems Analyst
Minimum Security Clearance level: Secret
Key Words: OPNAV, N2/N6, information dominance, IT Governance, IT Compliance, Enterprise Architecture, Network Consolidation, Open Architecture, FORCEnet, Information Management, Information Technology, Navy Data Strategy, Information Assurance, Security Accreditation
Work Location: Arlington, VA
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.